EASY ROASTED TOMATO SOUP RECIPE #tomato #vegetable

EASY ROASTED TOMATO SOUP RECIPE #tomato #vegetable

My children were thoroughly cool with this, as they adore tomatoes. I was a little freeloaded that whatever is left of my garden didn't work out as arranged, yet hello, in any event I got something!

So this year, I've attempted to be a little more intelligent about where and how to plant everything, and I have my fingers crossed. The one thing I'm depending on? Some delightful, succulent tomatoes.

I've gotten the opportunity to experiment with this KenmorePro blender from Sears Canada this week and I realize I ought to presumably be making smoothies and milkshakes and frozen yogurt and slushies buuuuuut… . everything I could consider was cooked tomato soup.

EASY ROASTED TOMATO SOUP RECIPE #tomato #vegetable

Also try our recipe : Vegetarian Pulled Pork #vegetable #pulledpork

Ingredients :
  • 3 lb Roma tomatoes (about 9 large)
  • 1/2 small onion (or less, if you prefer, sliced)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 370ml can can evaporated milk, or cream, optional 1 2/3 cup
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese optional (not really)
  • 3 tablespoons fresh basil
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions :
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Halve tomatoes and place cut side up with the onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and add garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to coat well.
  3. Roast for 40-50 minutes, just until starting to brown.
  4. Place in the blender and puree until smooth (you'll want to leave the lid cracked slightly so the steam can escape).
  5. Add milk, cheese, basil, tomato paste, and sugar and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
  6. Serve immediately with grilled cheese for dunking (obviously!).
Source : bit.ly/2FGjaaC

Post a Comment

0 Comments